- I work off of Merriam-Webster and Chicago Manual of Style most often. Please specify if you would like to use another style guide or dictionary.
- My preferred method of editing is via Word doc track changes or Google doc track changes though I can work with a PDF depending on the type of editing you would like.
- I am happy to provide an editing sample either from my portfolio or via a writing sample you would like to provide.
- Focuses on plot, character, scenes, and themes.
- Approaches the manuscript in a broader sense and act as a beta reader.
- Includes track changes directly on the Word doc or Google doc and a developmental letter going into specific details, examples, and suggestions.
- Follows general grammar rules for consistency and clarity but favors stylistic choices and may have its own style guide
- Strong balance between style guide/grammar rules and stylistic choices
- Strongly adheres to grammar rules and chosen style guide with very little room or interest in stylistic choices
- Most popular with business or educational materials
- Cleans up a manuscript grammatically and stylistically so that it adheres to Merriam-Webster or Chicago Manual of Style.
- Approaches the manuscript both looking closely at each sentence and paragraph but also looks at the writing style as a whole throughout the entire work.
- Looks closely at each sentence.
- Focuses on grammar, syntax, sentence structure, word choice, and flow.
- Approaches the manuscript on a micro level rather than macro such as with developmental editing.
- A lighter version of copyediting.
- Looks specifically for spelling errors, missing or misused punctuation, and formatting issues such as indentation or italics missing.
These are some of the genres I have experience editing. If you have a work that falls in a genre not listed here, feel free to reach out and we can discuss if I might be a good fit. I am open to working with more than what is featured below.
- Literary Fiction
- High Fantasy
- Contemporary Fantasy
Adult Creative Nonfiction
- Essay Collections
- Lyric Essays
- Short Story Collections